IAPR TC11 Newsletter 2019 07
Click on the buttons below to view sections of the newsletter.
- Message from the Editor
- Dates and Deadlines
- Upcoming Conferences and Events
- IJDAR: Latest Issue (Vol. 22, Issue 2)
- Free Books/eBooks for Review in IAPR Newsletter *(repost)*
- TC11 Datasets Repository *(repost)*
- Student Industrial Internship Opportunities (IAPR) *(repost)*
Just in time for the summer break, the International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition (IJDAR) provides seven new articles in its latest issue.
Other than that, this newsletter features reposts on free books for review in the IAPR newsletter, the TC11 datasets repository, and IAPR industrial internship opportunities for students.
Andreas Fischer, TC11 Communications Officer
( email@example.com )
- Nov. 15: Paper submission ICPRAI 2020
Upcoming Conferences and Events
- SSDA 2019, Islamabad, Pakistan (August 19-23, 2019)
- ICDAR 2019, Sydney, Australia (September 22-25, 2019)
2020 and Later
- ICFHR 2020. Dortmund, Germany (September 8-10, 2020)
- DAS 2020. Wuhan, China (May 17-20, 2020)
- ICPRAI 2020. Zhongshan, China (May 12-15, 2020)
- ICDAR 2021. Lausanne, Switzerland (September 7-10, 2021)
- ICFHR 2022. Hyderabad, India (December, 2022)
IJDAR: Latest Issue (Vol. 22, Issue 2)
The June 2019 issue of IJDAR has been released. Click on the links below to go directly to the Springer Link page for each article.
Table of Contents
- Plug-and-play approach to class-adapted blind image deblurring. Marina Ljubenović & Mário A. T. Figueiredo
- Metro maps for efficient knowledge learning by summarizing massive electronic textbooks. Weiming Lu, Pengkun Ma, Jiale Yu, Yangfan Zhou & Baogang Wei
- Real-time Kinect-based air-writing system with a novel analytical classifier. Shahram Mohammadi & Reza Maleki
- The achievement of higher flexibility in multiple-choice-based tests using image classification techniques. Mahmoud Afifi & Khaled F. Hussain
- Scene text detection and recognition with advances in deep learning: a survey. Xiyan Liu, Gaofeng Meng & Chunhong Pan
- Bleed-through cancellation in non-rigidly misaligned recto–verso archival manuscripts based on local registration. Pasquale Savino, Anna Tonazzini & Luigi Bedini
- A novel CNN structure for fine-grained classification of Chinese calligraphy styles. Jiulong Zhang, Mingtao Guo & Jianping Fan
Free Books/eBooks for Review in IAPR Newsletter (repost)
Various publishers have partnered with the IAPR Newsletter to offer free books/ebooks to reviewers. If you have interest in and some knowledge of the topic, email us. Depending upon the publisher’s availability, you will get an ebook or a hardcopy book or both. In some cases, the publisher may send the ebook first and the hardcopy after review.
Owais Mehmood, Associate Editor for Book Reviews
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
We are offering the following Springer titles for review:* “Denoising of Photographic Images and Video” by Marcelo Bertalmío (Ed.): https://www.springer.com/book/9783319960289 * “Composing Fisher Kernels from Deep Neural Models” by Tayyaba Azim and Sarah Ahmed: https://www.springer.com/book/9783319985237 * “Nonlinear Eigenproblems in Image Processing and Computer Vision” by Guy Gilboa: http://www.springer.com/book/9783319758466 * “Domain Adaptation in Computer Vision Applications” by Gabriela Csurka (Ed.): http://www.springer.com/book/9783319583464 * “Deep Learning for Biometrics” by Bir Bhanu et al. (Eds.): http://www.springer.com/book/9783319616568 * “Decision Forests for Computer Vision and Medical Image Analysis” by Antonio Criminisi and J. Shotton (Eds.): http://www.springer.com/gb/book/9781447149286 * “Handbook of Biometric Anti-Spoofing, Second Edition” by Sébastien Marcel et al. (Eds.): http://www.springer.com/book/9783319926261 * “Hierarchical Perceptual Grouping for Object Recognition” by Eckart Michaelsen and Jochen Meidow: http://www.springer.com/book/9783030040390 * “Contactless 3D Fingerprint Identification” by Ajay Kumar: http://www.springer.com/book/9783319676807
We are offering the following from CRC Press:
- Image Operators: Image Processing in Python by Jason M.Kinser: https://www.crcpress.com/Image-Operators-Image-Processing-in-Python/Kinser/p/book/9781498796187
- A Beginner’s Guide to Image Pre-processing Techniques by Jyotismita Chaki and Nilanjan Dey: https://www.crcpress.com/A-Beginners-Guide-to-Image-Pre-processing-Techniques/Chaki-Dey/p/book/9781138339316
- Imaging from Spaceborne and Airborne SARs, Calibration, and Applications by Masanobu Shimada: https://www.crcpress.com/Imaging-from-Spaceborne-and-Airborne-SARs-Calibration-and-Applications/Shimada/p/book/9781138197053
- Remote Sensing Time Series Image Processing by Qihao Weng: https://www.crcpress.com/Remote-Sensing-Time-Series-Image-Processing/Weng/p/book/9781138054592
- Remote Sensing and Cognition: Human Factors in Image Interpretation by Raechel A. White, Arzu Coltekin, and Robert R. Hoffman: https://www.crcpress.com/Remote-Sensing-and-Cognition-Human-Factors-in-Image-Interpretation/White-Coltekin-Hoffman/p/book/9781498781565
- High Spatial Resolution Remote Sensing: Data, Analysis, and Applications by Yuhong He and Qihoa Weng: https://www.crcpress.com/High-Spatial-Resolution-Remote-Sensing-Data-Analysis-and-Applications/He-Weng/p/book/9781498767682
- Image Processing and Data Analysis with ERDAS IMAGINE® by Stacy A. C. Nelson and Siamak Khorram: https://www.crcpress.com/Image-Processing-and-Data-Analysis-with-ERDAS-IMAGINE/AC-Nelson-Khorram/p/book/9781138034983
- Planetary Remote Sensing and Mapping by Bo Wu, Kaichang Di, Jürgen Oberst, Irina Karachevtseva: https://www.crcpress.com/Planetary-Remote-Sensing-and-Mapping/Wu-Di-Oberst-Karachevtseva/p/book/9781138584150
- GIS-Based Simulation and Analysis of Intra-Urban Commuting by Yujie Hu, Fahui Wang: https://www.crcpress.com/GIS-Based-Simulation-and-Analysis-of-Intra-Urban-Commuting/Hu-Wang/p/book/9780367023034
- Low Power Circuits for Emerging Applications in Communications, Computing, and Sensing by Jyotismita Chaki, Nilanjan Dey: https://www.crcpress.com/Low-Power-Circuits-for-Emerging-Applications-in-Communications-Computing/Yuan/p/book/9781138580015
- Compressed Sensing for Engineers by Angshul Majumdar: https://www.crcpress.com/Compressed-Sensing-for-Engineers/Majumdar/p/book/9780815365563
- Advanced Applications in Remote Sensing of Agricultural Crops and Natural Vegetation by Prasad S. Thenkabail, John G. Lyon, Alfredo Huete: https://www.crcpress.com/Advanced-Applications-in-Remote-Sensing-of-Agricultural-Crops-and-Natural/Thenkabail-Lyon-Huete/p/book/9781138364769
- Optical Remote Sensing of Ocean Hydrodynamics by Victor Raizer: https://www.crcpress.com/Optical-Remote-Sensing-of-Ocean-Hydrodynamics/Raizer/p/book/9780815360148
- Image Analysis, Classification and Change Detection in Remote Sensing: With Algorithms for Python, Fourth Edition by Morton John Canty: https://www.crcpress.com/Image-Analysis-Classification-and-Change-Detection-in-Remote-Sensing-With/Canty/p/book/9781138613225
We are offering the following from Sebtel Press, Sheffield, UK:
- Principles of Neural Information Theory: Computational Neuroscience and Metabolic Efficiency by Dr. James V. Stone: http://jim-stone.staff.shef.ac.uk/BookNeuralInfo/NeuralInfoMain.html
TC11 Datasets Repository (repost)
TC11 maintains a collection of datasets that can be found online in the TC11 Datasets Repository.
If you have new datasets (e.g., from competitions) that you wish to share with the research community, please use the online upload form. For questions and support, please contact the TC11 Dataset Curator (contact information is below).
Joseph Chazalon (TC11 Dataset Curator)
( email@example.com )
Student Industrial Internship Opportunities (IAPR) (repost)
IAPR’s Industrial Liaison Committee is pleased to announce the opening of its Company Internship Brokerage List.
The web page lists internship opportunities for students at different levels of education and specialism. We expect many additional internship opportunities to be listed here as the community becomes more aware of the site.
IAPR Company Internship Brokerage List:
Bob Fisher, Chair, IAPR Industrial Liason Committee
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Call for Contributions: To contribute news items, please send a short email to the editor, Andreas Fischer (). Contributions might include conference and workshop announcements/updates/reports, career opportunities, book reviews, or anything else of interest to the TC-11 community.
Subscription: This newsletter is sent to subscribers of the IAPR TC11 mailing list. To join the TC-11 mailing list, please click on this link: Join the TC-11 Mailing List. To manage your subscription, please visit the mailing list homepage: TC-11 Mailing List Homepage.